An Italian-American dish meaning shoemaker-style.
Traditionally made with chicken thighs, sausage, cherry peppers, garlic, lemon, and white wine.
- 3-5 lbs Whole Chicken cut into pieces or a package of chicken thighs
- 3 Italian Sausages casing removed. Hot or Mild
- 8 Cherry peppers in vinegar (sweet, hot, or mixed)
- 8 Garlic cloves sliced
- 2 Lemons juiced
- 2 oz Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Brown chicken and sausage in hot olive oil and then place in roasting pan.
- Brown garlic.
- Add white wine and reduce.
- Add half the lemon juice and chicken stock to the pan and bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
- Stir chicken and sausage and add remaining lemon juice and chicken stock.
- Cook another twenty minutes and then serve.