For the not-so-quick version: Chili Cook-off: How to make crowd-pleasing chili
- 1-pint beef Stock
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 Bell pepper
- 1 28 oz can of tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp Chili Powder (*McCormick or make your own)
- 2 cans of Black beans or Kidney beans
- 1 tsp sugar
Optionally added to taste:
*Chil powder, if you are using McCormick’s I recommend the light or mixing light and dark.
- Sautee onions and peppers. Put them on the side.
- Sear the ground beef.
- Add the peppers and onions.
- Pour out some of the fat.
- Add the stock, tomato sauce, sugar, and chili powder and simmer for an hour.
- If needed, adjust with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or oregano and simmer for another half hour.
- When ready add Tabasco, Sriracha, or cayenne to achieve the right amount of heat.
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro