Recipe: Fiery Mushrooms
Summary: Hot and Salty Mushrooms
- 8 oz Baby Bell Mushrooms
- 1/2 Shallot minced (about 1 tbsp) (optional)
- 5 cloves garlic minced (about 1 tbsp) (optional)
- 1/2 cup sherry wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup Franks RedHot Sauce – or sauce of your choice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Oil (optional)
- Saute shallot and garlic, add sherry. Reduce by half. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil than simmer until done.
This recipe started out as just equal parts beef stock, hot sauce and soy sauce. I keep playing with it and encourage you to do the same. The latest version has me thinking teriyaki with heat instead of sweet. So I might add some ginger and a lot more garlic next try. I’m also thinking of trying some herbs, oregano will work but I think I’d like something woody like rosemary or thyme. I’ll add updates as I go.